Wednesday, December 09, 2009

NAZRI CLAIMS DR MAHATHIR IS 'FATHER OF ALL RACISM'


Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the former premier, who ruled the nation for more than two decades before his retirement in 2003, was heralded as the 'Father of Modernisation'. Now he has been conferred with a new title by Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Mohd Nazri Abdul Aziz.

According to him, the 84-year-old medical doctor turned politician is the 'father of all racism'.

Datuk Seri Nazri today continued with his verbal tirade against the former Umno president over the controversy surrounding the National Civics Bureau (BTN) programme.While the minister wanted a revamp of the curriculum, Tun Dr Mahathir defended it, leading Datuk Seri Nazri to accuse him of doublespeak and racism.

Yesterday, Tun Dr Mahathir retaliated by challenging Datuk Seri Nazri to resign from Umno, which the former president described as a racist organisation.

Dissatisfied, Datuk Seri Nazri fired a fresh round of attacks in the Parliament lobby this afternoon."He says I'm in a racist party so he confirms what I said about him. If he says I'm in a racist party, then he's the father of all racism... he was president of Umno for 22 years. "As ex-prime minister, he should give better suggestions. I feel sorry for him but I will continue (hitting out). Please do not think (I'm) being disrespectful but if he's free to comment about us, then he must accept the fact that he is open to criticism also," Datuk Seri Nazri had quoted. 'I learnt the craft from him'.

Reiterating that he meant no disrespect, Datuk Seri Nazri said Tun Dr Mahathir's supporters must understand that it is about democracy and free speech.

On a sarcastic note, the minister pointed out that he is merely employing the skills he had learnt from the former premier."In 1969, when he criticised Tunku Abdul Rahman, (was) that not disrespectful? He taught me (the art). If he does it, it is ok, but if we do it then it is disrespectful? He is my teacher," Datuk Seri Nazri claimed. Datuk Seri Nazri said he will also not give Tun Dr Mahathir the "pleasure" of seeing him resign from Umno. "I'm not stupid to fall into his trap," the minister said, adding that he was puzzled as to why Tun Dr Mahathir disliked him when it was the latter who appointed him.

"I didn't force him, I didn't put a gun to his head. He knows I'm a good minister and I have been a minister for three terms. Each time a new prime minister takes over, there are rumours that I will be dropped. I have been a minister for 10 years. I only serve the rakyat," Datuk Seri Nazri claimed.

1 comment:

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^