Wednesday, March 24, 2010

916 right but execution wrong, says Zulkifli

Zulkifli says he will not engage in slanderous tactics. — file pic
Zulkifli Noordin has maintained that the planned Pakatan Rakyat (PR) takeover of the federal government on Sept 16, 2008 was not wrong, only that the tactics used were questionable.
The Kulim-Bandar Baharu MP told reporters that any-right minded opposition would have plans to take over the federal government.

“A takeover, there is nothing wrong with that, it’s just the method; it should be ethical and honourable,” he said.

Last week, Bayan Baru MP Datuk Seri Zahrain Mohd Hashim claimed that Anwar had contacted Barisan Nasional MPs to defect to PR to help the coalition topple the federal government on Malaysia Day in 2008.

Zahrain had named Dr Puad Zarkashi (Batu Pahat), Datuk Abdul Ghapur Salleh (Kalabakan), Datuk Anifah Aman (Kimanis), Datuk Eric Majimbun (Sepanggar), Tengku Datuk Seri Azlan Sultan Abu Bakar (Jerantut), Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah (Gua Musang), Datuk Chua Soon Bui (Tawau) and Datuk Bung Mokhtar Radin (Kinabatangan) as those who were ready to defect.

But Zulkifli stopped short of concurring with Zahrain’s so-called list, saying that the information he received back then might not tally.

“The information that I got might be different than Zahrain’s (claims). But at this point I do not plan to raise this.”

Maintaining that some secrets of the party would remain secret, Zulkifli said he did not want to indulge in slanderous tactics.

“When the time came for fun we had fun; once you are out, you don’t tell. At this time I don’t want to say anything, no slandering for me. It’s dirty,” said Zulkifli.

courtesy of Malaysian Insider

No comments: