Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MUHYIDDIN - I AM A MALAY FIRST, THEN MALAYSIAN



Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin in response to a challenge from Lim Kit Siang (DAP MP) stated that "I am Malay first but being Malay doesn't mean I am not Malaysian".


Tan Sri Muhyiddin said this in response to DAP leader Lim Kit Siang's earlier challenge for him to state whether he is a Malay, or a Malaysian, first.


Tan Sri Muhyiddin  told a press conference in the Parliament lobby this afternoon that "Lim Kit Siang doesn't understand the meaning of the Federation of Malaysia is all about". "How can I say I'm Malaysian first and Malay second? All the Malays will shun me... and it's not proper".

It looks like PM Datuk Seri Najib's 1 MALAYSIA will never succeed. 

Outside Malaysia, we are all known as Malaysians. They do not call us Malays, Chinese, Indians, Ibans, Kadasans and so forth.

No comments: