Saturday, April 10, 2010

Round 2 of 10: Israelgate, Malaysia’s Watergate

One thing the Minister said that was not recorded in the Minutes of the Meeting is that this Israeli link fiasco would become Malaysia’s Watergate if not properly handled. Therefore they must make sure that this matter is kept highly confidential and no one is supposed to know about it. I would call it Israelgate rather than Malaysia’s Watergate.

THE CORRIDORS OF POWER

Raja Petra Kamarudin

IGP: No infiltration by any Israelis

No Israeli was ever involved in the upgrading of the police force’s information and communication system as alleged by Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan said this was because Master Plan Consulting (MPC) Sdn Bhd, the company awarded the job to carry out the upgrading work, terminated Asiasoft Sdn Bhd’s contract.

The termination was carried out when it was revealed that Asiasoft’s Singapore partner had two former Israeli intelligence officers on their payroll.

“The Home Ministry had awarded the upgrading work to MPC in 2005. MPC then engaged a local bumiputra company called Asiasoft Sdn Bhd to carry out the work for them.

“In 2007, Asiasoft sold 30% of the shares to Asiasoft Pte Ltd Singapore. When we conducted a due diligence check on their Singaporean partner, we discovered the presence of the Israelis in the company,” he said.

MPC immediately terminated Asiasoft’s contract.

Musa said police then conducted a thorough investigation into the matter and found there was no infiltration by any Israelis.

He said they were investigating who leaked out classified police investigations (Editor's Note: this is the key issue for the PDRM) and what motivated Anwar to make such “serious and damaging” allegations in Parliament. -- The Star

*************************************************

In the first episode in this series of articles (Round 1 of 10: Hishammuddin's bullshit revealed) the Minutes of the Meeting between the Minister and the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) was revealed.

Basically, the focus of the meeting was to discuss how the leak about the Israeli connection managed to surface and for how long this leak has been going on. The meeting was more about damage control than about the security of the nation. They wanted to see what they could do to protect the image of the government and the PDRM.

One thing that must be noted here is the following:

On 27 June 2008, Malaysia Today revealed that Israeli intelligence had penetrated Bukit Aman. Malaysia Today said, Izhak David Nakar served in the Israel Air Force and developed the intelligence system for the Israeli Defense Force. Ido Schechter is a captain in the Israeli Air Force. They are both behind PDRM’s computerisation program. (Read more here: http://www.malaysia-today.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31036:bukit-amans-israeli-connection&catid=22:the-corridors-of-power&Itemid=100085 )

On 11 September 2008, I was detained under the Internal Security Act for the ‘crime’ of slandering the Deputy Prime Minister’s wife and for insulting Islam.

On 7 November 2008, the Shah Alam High Court ruled that my detention was illegal and subsequently ordered my release.

On 23 November 2008, a meeting was held between the Minister and the Police to discuss how Malaysia Today managed to get the information about the PDRM-Israeli connection and how they could do damage control to protect the image of the government and the Royal Malaysian Police. (Read more here: http://www.malaysia-today.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31092:round-1-hishammuddins-bullshit-revealed&catid=22:the-corridors-of-power&Itemid=100085 )

A new ISA Detention Order was then prepared but my detention was held back because the government had already filed an appeal against the Shah Alam High Court’s decision in ordering my release (the hearing which was still ongoing).

In February 2009, halfway through the appeal hearing, the government suddenly retreated after they decided it was taking too long and after three months I was still walking free. The government felt that it would be better to abandon the appeal (which they did) and instead detain me under a fresh Detention Order.

Two days before they came for me I received word from my Deep Throats in Bukit Aman that they are coming for me and that I should go underground if I do not wish to spend the rest of my life under detention without trial.

On the insistence of my Deep Throats in Bukit Aman I went underground and the police went to my home and found an empty house. This was confirmed by the security guards who said that the police came to my house and camped outside my house for several days before giving up and going home.

One thing the Minister said that was not recorded in the Minutes of the Meeting is that this Israeli link fiasco would become Malaysia’s Watergate if not properly handled. Therefore they must make sure that this matter is kept highly confidential and no one is supposed to know about it. I would call it Israelgate rather than Malaysia’s Watergate.

The problem they faced, though, is that Malaysia Today has Deep Throats in Bukit Aman who are feeding us ‘sensitive information’. Therefore, they must neutralise Malaysia Today by sending me back to Kamunting and then korek, korek, korek from me who my Deep Throats in Bukit Aman are.

My Deep Throats in Bukit Aman were understandably very worried. They knew that if the Special Branch got me then it would be a matter of time before names begin to surface. And that would mean my Deep Throats in Bukit Aman would be at risk.

Around midnight, 36 hours before I went underground, some ‘visitors’ came to my house. There was a heated argument when I said I was adamant to stay and would go to Kamunting if it comes to that. The ‘visitors’ felt that I was being rash and that it is not about me going to Kamunting but about what will happen to the Deep Throats in Bukit Aman once the Special Branch works on me. Even hardcore Communist Terrorists eventually break, even if it takes many years, they told me. You are not as tough to withstand what they can do to you and will definitely break and put everyone at risk, they argued.

From the point of view of my Deep Throats in Bukit Aman, the issue is not about my articles on Altantuya or about my Statutory Declaration. It is not even about me allegedly insulting Islam. Those are all just smokescreens. It is about the damage I am doing to the IGP with the many revelations that Malaysia Today has made over the last few years.

Who are all these people behind the companies involved in the computerisation work for the Royal Malaysian Police? Who are the people behind Web Power? Yes, a good question indeed. And we shall provide the answers in the next episodes in these series of articles. So stay tuned.

In the meantime, read this letter from the IGP to the Prime Minister dated 3 November 2006. Clearly, the IGP was the main thrust behind this project.

Remember, in November 2006 the government already knew about the Israeli link. Only when this information became public knowledge in June 2008 did they attempt to do damage control by terminating the sub-contractor and then use front companies to cover their tracks.



No comments: