Thursday, April 15, 2010
MAS flights to London, Amsterdam, Paris disrupted
Malaysia Airlines flights to London, Amsterdam and Paris today were disrupted due to airspace restrictions as a result of volcanic ash from Iceland spreading across the United Kingdom and Northern Europe.
As a result, MAS flights from Kuala Lumpur to these three cities and vice versa will be rescheduled or cancelled.
The following flights are affected:
• Kuala Lumpur–London (MH4) which departed Kuala Lumpur 10 this morning will not be landing in London. Instead it will be diverted to Frankfurt with an estimated arrival at 2.15pm local time. The passengers will be provided accommodation for one night and given assistance for onward travel by land to London.
• Kuala Lumpur–London (MH2) and Kuala Lumpur–Amsterdam (MH16) departing tonight at 11.45pm and 11.55pm respectively have been delayed until further notice.
• London–Kuala Lumpur (MH3) has already departed London and is expected to arrive in Kuala Lumpur on schedule.
• Amsterdam–Kuala Lumpur (MH17) has already departed and is also expected to arrive in Kuala Lumpur on schedule.
• Kuala Lumpur–Frankfurt (MH006) will be departing on schedule at 11.50pm.
• Affected connecting passengers in Kuala Lumpur on tonight’s flights to London and Amsterdam will be given a one-night accommodation.
• Kuala Lumpur-Rome (MH14) will be departing on schedule at 11.45pm
• Kuala Lumpur-Paris (MH20), scheduled to depart at 11.55pm, will be delayed until further notice as the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris will be closed. Subsequently, the Paris-Kuala Lumpur flight (MH21) will also be delayed
MAS director of operations Captain Azharuddin Osman said: “We are rescheduling the flights after receiving confirmation from the airport authorities to suspend our flights in and out of both airports. We will only be able to confirm our flight schedules once we receive clearance from the relevant civil aviation authorities.”
Customers holding special fare tickets with restrictive terms and conditions which normally do not allow for change of travel dates can now do so without penalty fee until April 30. A penalty fee will be incurred for any subsequent booking changes. Refunds are not applicable.
Customers holding tickets which allow for change of travel dates may do so without penalty fee. Refunds are allowed and subject to a refund administrative fee.
Customers are encouraged to watch out for updates on www.malaysiaairlines.com or call the MAS call centre 1300-88-3000. Likewise, customers in London, Amsterdam and Paris are urged to contact our reservations offices for the latest schedules.
London: +44 (0) 871 423 9090
Amsterdam: +31 20 521 6250
Paris: +0892 35 08 10
Malaysia Airlines operates two non-stop daily flights between Kuala Lumpur and London. The carrier flies to both Amsterdam and Paris from Kuala Lumpur once daily.
courtesy of Malaysian Insider