Thursday, April 08, 2010

MPs Kulasegaran and Tajuddin slug it out in Parliament lobby



Ipoh Barat member of parliament M Kulasegaran claimed today that Pasir Salak MP Tajuddin Abdul Rahman had threatened to assault him at the Parliament lobby for having allegedly tarnished his name.

Kulasegaran asked Dewan Rakyat speaker Pandikar Amin Mulia to initiate an inquiry into the alleged threat.

"Fifteen minutes ago, when I was outside the House, (the MP for) Pasir Salak criticised me and wanted to assault me, saying that I had tarnished his good name.

"He warned me that if I do not stop (tarnishing his good name), he will send people to my area to assault me," he said soon after the House had completed discussing the uproar yesterday over the matter of referring Mahfuz Omar (PAS-Pokok Sena) to the Rights and Privileges Committee.

Kulasegaran asked for follow-up action to be taken, saying Tajuddin had used harsh words against him in the Dewan Rakyat last year.

Last year, Tajuddin and Kulasegaran were involved in a verbal battle and Tajuddin was criticised for having uttered offensive words against Kulasegaran.

Tajuddin, when asked to explain the allegation, questioned Kulasegaran's use of his blog to allegedly slander and abuse him.

"Why do I want to threaten him? I just scolded him for being just irresponsible in his statements. I was informed that he uses his blog to make all kinds of accusations against me," he told reporters.

Kula attacked Tajuddin in blog


Tajuddin said Kulasegaran, in his blog, had accused him of being uncivilised and a racist, and many other things.

"I had remained silent all this while regarding all the stupid statements he had made in his blog. Just now, when I met him, I said to him, let's stop all this nonsense. If you want to make a statement in the blog, you say it with responsibility," he said.

He said that accusing, abusing or slandering someone on a blog created a negative perception of that person.

"Some people who are savvy at blogging, can reply (to such accusations, abuse and slander), but what happens to those who are not?

"You are creating a negative image or perception against that individual for no reason. I just told him not to use his blog as he wishes," he said.

- Bernama

No comments: