Tuesday, March 23, 2010

PKR leader CheguBard’s home target of petrol bomb


The home of PKR central council member Badrul Hisham Shaharani, better known as CheguBard, was the target of a petrol bomb attack early this morning. The attack is believed to have been politically motivated.

The Rembau PKR division chief realised his home was attacked at 1.30am this morning.

“About 1.30am I heard the sound of breaking glasses and when I walked out I saw fire outside my house. My neighbour douched the fire with water from a nearby tap," he said.

There was, however, no damage to his house in Taman Chedang, here.

“I don’t know who is behind this, but I believe it might be my political enemies,” said Badrul, adding that he had lodged a police report.

He added that his family members were safe. He also urged the police to take quick action to catch the perpetrators.

He said based on the information from his neighbours, two people on a motorcycle were seen throwing the petrol bomb.

Badrul, who has been critical of the state and federal leadership, was a candidate in the 2008 general election.

He faced Umno Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin for the Rembau parliamentary seat. Khairy eventually won with a 5, 746 vote majority.

He recently launched a book titled 'Di Sebalik Misteri Altantunya' in which he described the chronology of events from the time of the Mongolian's arrival into Malaysia until her death, giving his views on many unanswered questions.

by FMT

No comments: